Jeff Kemp Online Viewable Resume
Marketing & Web Technology Consultant
Strategic. Tactical. Adaptive. Knowledgeable. Capable.
(720) 465-8925 • JeffKemp.org
Golden, Colorado 80401 U.S.A.
Marketing Consultant | Marketing Automation Consultant | Pardot Technical Lead / Architect | Business Analyst
“Strategic doer” providing strategic and tactical leadership in execution of modern marketing and web initiatives by generating qualified leads and optimizing lead-to-sales conversion processes to grow revenue and scale business to the next level.
√ Marketing & Sales Automation (certified) √ Email Marketing √ Business Process Automation
√ CRM Integration √ Lead Generation / Nurturing √ SEO Search Engine Optimization
√ Project Management / Client Engagement √ Sales Enablement / Events √ Social Media Marketing
√ Digital Marketing / Internet Advertising √ Campaign Management √ Graphic Design / Branding
√ Analytics / Reporting √ WordPress Expert √ Training / Support / Operations
Marketing & Web Technology Consultant | OCT 2008 – PRESENT
- Marketing Consultant and ★Salesforce Certified Pardot Consultant★ (Pardot Technical Lead | Marketing Automation Consultant) with 20+ years of strategic and tactical business-to-business (B2B) marketing experience within several industries including online (SaaS), high-tech, software, consumer electronics, aerospace, printing/publishing, and manufacturing.
- Highly capable within many areas of hands-on execution helping companies to strategically PLAN, then tactically DEVELOP, EXECUTE, and OPTIMIZE successful and adaptive Marketing Plans and campaigns to fit company resources & ROI goals.
- Set up and administered Marketing Automation platforms (Salesforce Pardot, Act-On, ActiveCampaign), CRM integration (Salesforce Sales Cloud), digital marketing, list segmentation, marketing funnels, lead lifecycle, lead nurturing, campaign management, forms, client engagement, project management, and analytics reporting with focus on Conversion Optimization.
- As WordPress Expert designed, built, hosted, maintained, supported, optimized and trained on dozens of corporate websites utilizing the latest web design, optimization and hosting techniques, including large website projects & SEO.
- Client facing Project Management of web & marketing projects involving subcontractors, 3rd party vendors, and client teams.
- Provided Training and Technical Support for customers and internal teams at all technical levels.
- Examples of long term clients and projects include Marketing Automation Manager and SEO Webmaster for Flatirons Solutions, a global enterprise software solution provider where achieved 82% increase in leads, 30% increase in unique website visits, and 72% reduction in page load time.
Product Manager — Software Applications & Services | MAY 2006 – SEP 2008
- Responsible for full life cycle cradle-to-grave product strategy, functional specifications, Business Plan, commercialization, market position, go-to-market strategy, documentation, marketing, sales enablement, forecasting, product road map, software development involving distributed teams, User Stories, mock-ups, wireframes, interface design, User Acceptance Testing (UAT), vendor management, implementation, pricing, training, delivery and support.
- Successful management of product lifecycle (SDLC) within agile/iterative/waterfall/scrum environment of software products for web-based in-flight entertainment (IFE) within aerospace industry currently used by Boeing, Airbus, and the world’s top airlines.
- Project Management of complex client programs working with customization, dependencies, critical paths, milestones, WBS.
- Functioned as liaison between departments within matrix organization to ensure customer needs were translated into clear and attainable product requirements that met or exceeded customer expectations and timelines.
- Fiscal responsibility including negotiating vendor contracts and determining priority partnerships for success, saving $100K annually by re-negotiating agreement with online news content provider.
Marketing Manager | MAY 2005 – MAY 2006
- Developed and implemented marketing initiatives including lead generation programs, email marketing campaigns, online (PPC, email, web) and offline advertising, SEO/SEM including keyword management, PPC AdWords/AdSense, landing page creation, press releases, and collateral material.
- Hands-on re-design and custom programming of PHP/MySQL data driven corporate website with ecommerce.
Sales & Marketing Manager | NOV 2003 – MAY 2005
- Directed marketing initiatives including online advertising, print ads, events/trade shows, micro-sites, press releases, editorial coverage, and other lead generation activities, with primary management and revenue responsibility for ecommerce website.
- Managed $180K annual advertising budget including Google pay-per-click (PPC) advertising, SEO campaigns, and print adv.
- Re-negotiated print advertising contracts with magazine publishers and online advertising saving $13K monthly.
- Developed and managed NetSuite ERP ecommerce website with 300 products while attaining 125% of web store quota, quadrupling online revenue, and increasing web traffic by 600%.
- Managed sales personnel, bonus programs, and sales process, driving sales to exceed revenue goals by 120%.
Ecommerce Manager | MAR 2002 – JAN 2003
- Responsibility for corporate website and ecommerce web store development/management involving online product marketing and lead management programs.
- Implemented SEO & analytics which increased web traffic by 800% with consistent revenue growth and increased loyalty.
- Liaised with corporate Sales team for management of web generated leads.
Online Merchandising Manager | APR 2000 – NOV 2001
- Category Manager for Networking and Computer Systems products responsible for product marketing, online merchandising, pricing strategies, web banners, email campaigns, partner recruiting, vendor management, and online revenue/margin goals.
- Managed vendor co-op funds and online promotions across multiple nationally known websites attributing to over $25M annual growth while maintaining margin goals.
- Acquired, negotiated, & cultivated over 30 new key marketing partner relationships attributable to $30K of new MDF monthly.
- Presented value proposition, ROI, forecasting, and customer retention analysis to upper management and marketing partners.
National Accounts Manager — Ecommerce, VAR, & OEM Channels | JUL 1996 – APR 2000
- Acquired, managed, and increased sales and marketing opportunities through strategic Ecommerce, VAR, and OEM channel partners by creating channel marketing programs and driving product/brand recognition and standardization.
- Acquired and cultivated several new strategic partners adding $125K/month in new revenue.
- Developed successful ‘Reseller Channel Program’ attributable for recruitment of 100+ premium channel partners.
- Managed inside sales team, direct sales, online channel sales, and distribution sell-through sales process involving End-User, Reseller, and Distributor relationships for indirect sales channel pull through.
- Responded to RFP’s from Major Accounts with volume pricing agreements, network diagrams, and product road maps.
- Event/Trade Show set up/logistics, management, promotion, and booth presence at several national and local events.
- Promoted several times from lowly beginnings as entry level Customer Service Rep ultimately to high profile National Accounts Manager with strategic accounts; managed team of Inside Sales Reps while continually exceeding quotas.
- 2017 Salesforce Certified Pardot Consultant and Salesforce Certified Pardot Specialist.
- 2013 Certified Colorado Home Inspector – Graduate Kaplan Real Estate Schools and InterNachi.
- 2004 Certified NetSuite Consultant.
- 2000 Trained extensively on LAN/WAN network switching technologies – D-Link Systems.
- 1996 Saddleback College – Computer Science Major.
- 18 years journeyman within the commercial printing industry including personnel and production management, graphic design, outside sales, marketing, offset pressman, and commercial printing business ownership.
Highly diverse and seasoned technology professional with over 20 years marketing, web, and business management and operations experience within progressively responsible positions demonstrating proven expertise in achieving tangible results with short-term ROI.
Detail oriented strategic planner able to see and drive towards ‘big picture’. Adept at supporting corporate objectives in both management and hands-on capacity. Deep experience in digital marketing business domain, business processes, operations, and KPIs, with proven ability to quickly build expertise in unfamiliar domains.
Strong analytical skills with keen business savvy and entrepreneurial ability demonstrating initiative for taking ownership and developing/executing creative results-based solutions. Eager to provide or take direction then roll up sleeves to get things done. Adaptable to various toolsets and workflows while making ‘best practice’ suggestions along the way for improvements that align with budgets and goals. Power user of many online tools.
Jeff has visited the corporate headquarters and developed strategic business with Apple, Microsoft, HP, Toshiba, and other global companies. Great work ethic, high integrity, strong communicator (written/oral), customer-centric, extremely well-organized self-starter, team player/leader and consensus builder able to work independently on-site or remotely. Involvement in many volunteer opportunities. Loves helping people. Loves dogs. Current U.S. Passport.